For the longest time I did not feel the need for tethering, so I did not pay too much attention to the subject. I sort of knew it was possible, and also that some devices could potentially act up and refuse to work. So I decided to give it a try and see if it does.
First step is, of course, to set up the phone:
1. Dial ##634#
2. Enter password 277634#*#
3. In MFG go to Menu Engineer > Port Settings > USB Switching
4. Select QC Composite
5. Wait for the phone to restart
6. Connect phone to PC
The following steps take place on the PC:
1. Once windows detects the phone, a phone modem is installed.
2. In Device Manager edit the modem settings: On the Advanced tab, in Extra initialization commands enter:
3. Create a new dial-up connection using the LG modem installed. Set it to dial *99#
That’s about it. Now dial and get connected. Be mindful of data usage, as it might end up costing you quite a bit in data charges.