I’ve just done recently an install on-premise where I’ve encountered a number of issues. One of them is the following error message:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070422)
The message is pretty explicit, in that a service is not started. Turns out, after a little investigation, that for some reason the SQL Server Service as well as the SQL Server Agent Service are off. This could be the result of a failed SQL update I just got previously, or some other issue. Simply setting these services to Automatic and starting them allows the installation to proceed further with no issue.
No, you do not have to restart the installation, just make sure the services are running properly.
Smooth sailing afterward.
In my case the Windows Search service was disabled. After I enabled and started the CRM installation could be continuing when clicked on the retry button.